Getting the girls all tidied up, phase one!

Well this Sunday, whilst looking for ways to entertain myself  I just happened to look up at the girls in their paddock and realised that what with recent events and a lack of time they are both looking a little feral.
Queue the grooming!! 
I decided to tackle Thimble first as being the smaller of the two she wasn't going to take me so long.

Here is the before picture, of Madam, looking like she has been running wild for a while instead of being the well groomed driving pony that she should be! 
As you can see, the mane is mental and is not in a fit state to be arranged into neat little rosebuds when I decide to plait her up and go out looking pretty.


Well after a lot of thinning, minimal pulling and some trimming, my little lady had been transformed!
Currently, her mane is lying on the wrong side so next step will be to train it over onto the correct side.
I am rather pleased with the outcomes, and I have a feeling clipping will be next as she already has a winter coat coming through. 
I am thanking the glorious British weather for that one! 

Here is the after photo.


Trouble is, with her transformation comes the pressure of repeating the whole thing with Stella! 
And then on the rest of the yard as the Hunters have just come back into work and need tidying up after their summer holidays! 
Still, I can't wait until she is out and about whilst looking this good!

Might put her to work a little later on as the school needs harrowing once again. And she could do with the exercise. I could do with harrowing the paddocks too so she may be roped into that. Luckily her attitudinal little self seems to quite enjoy her work! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.