In the saddle! I got Brave!

Stella earned her superstar status today!
Her Aunty Gabbi is back for a week so we decided to take her for a ride, that meaning I let Gabbi ride because I am a wuss at the moment. That is changing however. 
Anyways after a nice ride down to the fields I watched as she strutted her stuff in some of the grass meadows (This pony has a trot to die for).
Her Canter work needs some attention.... in that when Gabbi asked her for a canter that meant flat out gallop to Stella!! 
However once she had gotten over this entail queue to go fast and had settled its safe to say that despite her being a bit of a tank, she is simply lovely.
She is much more relaxed out by herself than she is with other horses, therefore a lot of my work whilst building her confidence will probably be done with someone on foot as oppose to with another horse to start with.
Having decided that she would chill out completely after her little wizz session I put my brave pants on and swapped so that I could ride her home.
Safe to say I havent felt so good on an equine in a long time. I do adore her.
And having seen how well she calms down I cannot wait to take her out again... maybe my feeling of wanting to ride is returning to me :D
Thimble has had an easier day today, Mostly because since we got back with Stella its been pretty much constant heavy rain. No one wants to work in that unless they have too!
But on that note I am aiming to get my little madam out in her trap by the end of the week, fingers crossed.
Anyway I shall disappear to gaze at my gorgeous girls some more. 
Totally besotted!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.