Monday...... Lets see what we can actually get done today.

Well after a weekend of catching up on work that I had to take home, it happened that I didn't actually get too much done with they ponies.... typical. They have however started their new routine of being in and out according to how tubby they are... neither are particularly amused but they are both much too lovely to be poorly with laminitis!! Also, there is some repair work being done on the school so lunging didn't happen either. However with the weekend out of the way and work up to date, fingers crossed that once again I can get something done with these girls every evening. Both of them were pleased to see me when I went to get thimble in and muck Stella out this morning. To see Stella stood happily waiting without stressing is a breakthrough. Less 'Mum that bird has a machine gun!' and more 'Hi mum how are you this morning!' She has also decided that Selfies are her new thing and if my phone goes off, she is the first to be nosy and to see what it is!

Thimble, on the other hand, is less amused about being in her stable! 
The little madam that she is has spent the weened perfecting her death glare over the door, more of the 'how dare you keep me in here' sort of attitude from her. But then when you have spent your whole life believing that you are a strange human horse due to being hand reared, then I can kind of understand why she is so challenging and resentful of my shutting her in her stable. I mean I am allowed to walk around as I like, eating as much as I want too, so why can't she? 
If only I could explain to her that she will be happier without being ill due to over indulging!
I will be very interested to see how Thimble reacts to healing treatment when we reach that stage, due to her not having quite the same mindset as a naturally raised horse she often reacts a little differently in situations. I can imagine she will either love it or will wonder what on earth is happening and will tell me to leave her alone in her usual rough and tumble way!
When I get home later my plan is to take Stella for a nice, steady and calm walk in hand, as part of the plan to improve her confidence. and Thimble will be dressed up in harness and will have a short walk to start off her fitness plan before she actually gets hitched up to the exercise trap in a week or so.  I am hoping to exercise the two together at some point, Thimble is so confident that I am hoping she will teach Stella that there is nothing to be afraid of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.