Trick training and more basic steps for Stella...

Yesterday saw Stella really starting to understand what the clicker meant. We only did a short 5-10 minute session but within that she has already started checking herself and turning back to come close to me if her lead rein goes tight. To me this is a good start, I hoped she would understand but I didn't think it would be that fast. 
I plan to continue these short sessions every day, and we wont move onto the next step until she has come to trust me in allsorts of places. She improves so quickly once she realises that there are positive results from what she does, its incredibly rewarding to work with her. 

Thimble on the other hand revisited some older ground. She had about a fifteen minute session at liberty with her old trick training. Safe to say the little madam remembers it all. I was a very happy mummy yesterday and their reward was staying out for a nice relaxing time in the paddock today. I plan to give them a few days off every now and then. Just to give their brains time to relax and to think about their sessions.

As for tomorrow, 
Well I will have to see what that brings, but I'm sure the girls will get to do something.
Next on my list of things to do is to start getting my dog back on my side. 
She hates me working with the horses and tends to retaliate by pretending that I don't exist anymore.
She will also be following a clicker training regime to get her back on track..





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.