Catching up. Its been a busy week!

Sunday!
Sunday saw Gabbi and I brave a drive across Wales to go to the Aberaeron welsh pony and cob festival.   Safe to say it is a simply brilliant day out. It's a long day, for us it took four hours to get there.
We did stop for breakfast which slowed us down as the journey home only took us about three hours.
needless to say, it was well worth the travel.
All shapes and sizes of Welsh ponies, cobs and part breeds were present.
And it's safe to say that the Section D stallions were literally one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I am totally and utterly besotted.
They are really truly a very impressive animal!
Anyways here are some pics from Sunday.
If you get the chance to go next year I would highly recommend it!!


Monday!
Monday saw Stella excel herself by going under the motorway with Gabbi. This is a huge step forwards for her as it unlocks many more hacking routes for us but also, she is nervous in traffic, so for her to behave whilst lorries passed overhead was truly incredible.
She really does improve by the day.
When I got back from work, having heard about my super stars progress we then took Thimble out, a friend that had never driven before was desperate for a go so whilst I walked/ran (On a bit of a fitness campaign myself) Gabbi and Charlie had an awesome time driving the Thimble aka scurry pony in training.
It seems that Thimble has taken to driving off-road like a duck to water and is incredibly keen to get on.
It has put the idea of driving trials / scurry into my head.... very tempted!!


Tuesday!
Yesterday saw the Stella excel yet again. Davina came to ride and Stella turned from beach Donkey to dressage diva very quickly!
I am so pleased to see the improvements in both horse and rider.
These two make such an awesome pair, I feel I will have competition for my pony!!


Wednesday!
Wednesday was a bit of a dull day pony wise, due to other things that needed doing the girls and boys all had a quick feed and fuss and then I had to leave them too it.

Thursday!
We went for a long ride around the fields on thursday, had a bit of a canter and a great time!

Highlight of the week!

I went to the Tumpy Green summer show on sunday, took my mums horse and then little Thimble,.
It's a really lovely, friendly little show and I would highly recommend them and any of their events if you are in the Gloucestershire area !!
Well, both Louis and Thimble were awesome.
Louis placed 4th and 6th in his showing classes and Thimble placed 3rd in hers and qualified for next years great Midland show championships!!
I am so proud of my ponies!!

So apologies for the delay its been a pretty mental week!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!