Right I am back!!! Plans!!!

Apologies for being so absent! The wedding of my lifelong best friend took over life for a week or so.  I have also spent a little while getting my head around a few things and getting organised.  So starting in September things will be running much more smoothly.
I intend to start trying to get a guest post every month or so, if anyone is interested in taking part in that then feel free to contact me. The new aim is to get at least a post a week up for you guys. Both girls will have actual Training Schedules and as winter draws closer and the nights get shorter, there will be a much bigger focus on groundwork.

I have found a new way to get organised in the form of bullet journaling! I would recommend everyone having a look at it! I am currently in the process of setting up my journals, one for me, one for the horses and quite possibly one for my mini flock of sheep.
I will be featuring various ideas that I try out with this system and if anyone wants to try them out for themselves, feel free! 
Keep your eyes out for more grooming madness as winter coats start growing and I start clipping. I need to get much better at it this year as I am hoping to do some clipping for other people.

Also I am on the hunt for good hoods for small ponies, I may buy and review so if you are part of the small pony brigade then keep your eyes open for reviews.

So all caught up with me, what about the ponies?

Well Stella tried her hand at western riding and loved it….. may have a cow pony there!! She was much more relaxed than I thought she would be, so we might just play a little bit with it and see how she does.
Thimble hasn’t done a great deal since her show, just chilling in the field, but she is due to be clipped very soon so that she can continue her work through the winter. She currently has a few tasks lining up for her, one of which is to harrow the school.  She may also be put to work harrowing her paddock if I ever get round to making her a decent set of mini harrows. I am hoping that she will be able to do some light work around the small paddocks on the farm and I also am hoping to teach her how to stand if I am working around her. She is a nosy little madam and would much rather be ‘helping’!

Stella will be introduced gradually to trick training over the winter, the plan being to get her to use the thinking side of her brain to puzzle things out. I am hoping that this will give her the skills she needs to improve even further in her ridden work. To think instead of panic.  I fully intend to help her become a completely level headed and happy girl by the end of the year, and I cant wait to see what she will become.

With that in mind, here are some piccies of the special lady in her cow pony outfit :P 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.