So I watched a film... and there was something that really struck a chord with me.

Last night I was sat watching a film, well I was playing with a certain naughty collie dog and the film was on in the background. 
The film is called Beautiful Creatures and having been hit so hard by a passage of speech within it, I will definitely be watching it again.  

This passage explains so much that goes through my head. Following the split with one of the best people I have ever had a relationship with, no one could understand my lack of anger. 
Well, this might explain it. 
This has also helped me to be happy that my beloved Thoroughbred moved onto a new home, one of the hardest decisions of my life but to see him now it was the best thing I could have done.

So next time you feel bitter about something, that something has been taken from you or you have lost something. Maybe the sacrifice you had to make for something has a different meaning to what you first thought. 
Without further ado, here is that passage, and here's to hoping it helps a few people as much as it helped me last night. 

"Sacrifice. It’s not what I would call a modern word. People hear the word sacrifice, and they become afraid that something will be taken away from them or that they will have to give up something they couldn’t live without. Sacrifice, to them, means loss in a world telling us we could have it all. But I believe true sacrifice is a victory. That’s because it requires free will to give up something for someone you love, or something or someone you love more than yourself. I won’t lie to you. It’s a gamble. Sacrifice wont take away pain and loss, but it wins the battle against bitterness, the bitterness that dims the light on all of the true value in our lives."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.