Targetting Session one , Robbie is a good boy!

Today I introduced Robbie to a clicker and the basic idea of targeting.
Tonight was him Targeting my hand, something that he has picked up incredibly quickly. Next time we will move onto using a stick.
He was a very good boy being very polite and not getting pushy about the treats. 
In a twenty minute session he worked out that the clicker meant the reward and he also worked out that the only way he would get a click was by touching my hand when it was outstretched. 
I am very careful when introducing targeting as I dont want them to turn to biting my hand. I am very clear that the rewards comes when they touch and for no other reason. 

Anyways here are some photos of The good lad getting the hang of things. 

As you can see he found the whole things rather amusing to start with. Love his expression! 
We then established that one could earn rewards by figuring out the right answers to the questions.



Working his way along my arm as he tried to work out where he had to touch to get the clicker to work.

 Ahh So its the hand that makes the click.
Only took him five minutes to work out where to touch and then he was happy to follow and touch my hand in all kinds of positions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

All caught up..... Commence the training!!!

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.